SOFITEL WINE DAYS: A MONTH OF FRENCH WINES |FOUR REGIONS IN FOUR WEEKS began Monday, September 29th and runs through Thursday, October 30th, 2014.
During #SoWineDays, guests and everyone can visit the Sofitel L.A. at Beverly Hills to celebrate French elegance, wine and food. Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, the French brand’s flagship west coast property participates with more than 120 other Sofitel hotels in a global celebration of French vintners. The program is dedicated to the wine harvest that takes place in the Northern Hemisphere each year, a French tradition called “vendanges.” The month-long celebration showcases French “Art de Vivre”, “Wine Down Wednesdays,” weekly wine pairing restaurant menus, wine-based cocktails in the bar, and a culminating a winemaker dinner. Each day from Monday to Sunday, a Sofitel sommelier will be on hand to guide visitors on a journey through the featured wine-producing regions.
Sofitel Wine Days will feature an exclusive sampling of wines, a tour of some of France’s best known wine regions, in “WINE DOWN WEDNESDAYS” occurring each week (Oct. 8, 15, 22 and 29) from 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m., with Sofitel’s
Sommelier in the hotel lobby.
In the lush Riviera 31, guests are invited to visit the lounge|bar for wine tastings and wine based cocktails from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
The gorgeous Estérel restaurant offers a modern French offering menu from Chef Blin. Chef will be highlighting new menus each week during #SoWineDAys to complement the wines which will cover numerous regions and locales beginning on October 5th with Burgundy, then Alsace, Champagne, and closing in the last week with Bordeaux. Some of the wines include Roederer/Maisons Marques, Domaines, USA, Palm Bay/Esprit du Vin, and Trimbach.
Menu pairings with the weekly wines feature a diverse offering of appetizers to desserts:
Burgundy – week of October 5th
• Sweet bread bourguignon, pearl onion, button mushroom, brioche
• Roasted duck breast, truffle celery puree, Weiser farm fingerling potato, golden parsnip, tiny carrots
• Red wine poached pear, pear sorbet, raspberry almond croquant
Alsace – week of October 12th
• Seared diver scallops, cannellini beans, shaved heirloom carrots, brussel sprouts leaves, garden coriander
• Espelette shrimp white asparagus risotto, ricotta salata, green pea shoot
• Warm Laura chenel goat cheese salad, frisee, grapes, fennel, caramelized walnut
Champagne – week October 19th
• Half dozen California oysters, champagne apple mignonette
• Crispy skin Loup de mer, fondant potato leek, tomato concasse, local caviar
• Strawberry basil sorbet, almond meringue, hibiscus flower, micro mint, macaroon shell
Bordeaux – week of October 26th
• Roasted marrow bone, chanterelles, garlic puree, persillade toast
• Ribeye bone in (for 2), truffle mashed potato, grilled asparagus, bordelaise sauce
• California cheese platter, Schloss Marin farm (cow), Bay blue Pointe Reyes farmstead (cow), San Andreas Bellwether farm, honeycomb and more
The grande finale will occur on Monday, October 27th in Estérel restaurant with a Robert Parker Winemaker’s Dinner. For costs, menu and other details, please contact Esterel restaurant at 310.358.3979.
Christophe Bouskela, Director of Food & Beverage, has meticulously choreographed with Executive Chef Marius Blin a masterful matrix of unique and exclusive wines to this area. Bouskela says, “We welcome guests to an interactive week to learn, taste and experience wine not available elsewhere in Los Angeles. The Sofitel Wine Week is designed to accommodate the most discriminating connoisseurs palate while simultaneously providing a sensory awakening for the novice.”
For more info on Sofitel go to www.sofitellosangeles.com and for more info on Sofitel Wine Days, #SoWineDays.