Springtime is a wonderful time to visit the AAA Five Diamond Island Hotel Newport Beach with its views of the Pacific and Balboa, Lido and Catalina Islands. For seasonal rejuvenation and gift-giving choices, The Spa features special rituals and offers. For seasonal holiday dining, the hotel’s new Executive Chef David Man and his culinary team have created Easter and Mother’s Day festive brunch menus to please everyone in the family – both will be complemented by live musical entertainment.
Spring at The Spa at Island Hotel, Available through May 31, 2012
For reservations and gift certificates, please call 949.760.4992.
- Rosy Glow Facial – This 60-minute facial treatment for normal to problematic, premature- or aging skin features aromatic organically grown, sweet-scented red roses. Created to nourish, vitalize, mineralize and increase elasticity as it pampers. $140 (exclusive of tax and gratuity).
- Springtime Rejuvenation – A 90-minute Spring Body Scrub treatment that is designed to be highly effective for sloughing off winter skin and doldrums. Arms and legs are gently and expertly exfoliated using an exclusive scrub of Dead Sea salts, orange and lemon peel, and rosemary. A gentle citrus-herb oil face and head massage follows to sooth and reinvigorate. $230 (exclusive of tax and gratuity).
- Love Me Pedicure – A lovely pampering experience recommended for quality time with mother or daughter, sisters or friends. 45-minute pedicure that includes a luxurious, shimmering foot bath of fruit scents – peach, mango, strawberry, Mandarin orange, apple blossom and tamarind — blended with coconut milk, vanilla, musk and mica. Each treatment is $75 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity).
- Love Me Ice Cream Bath – 45 minutes of soaking in a decadently flavored bath of vanilla purity shower sherbet; followed by vanilla purity body icing. $75 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity).
- Special Springtime Spa Offers – Weekdays: Enjoy a luxurious 60-minute Spa treatment and receive an upgrade to a 90-minute Spa treatment at no additional cost. Offer available on select treatments from Monday through Thursday. Weekends, Friday-Sunday: Treat yourself or gift someone special to two soothing Spa treatments for $250 (exclusive of tax and gratuity). Offers may not be combined with any other discounts or offers.
Lavish Champagne Easter Sunday Brunch at The Ballroom: Sunday, April 8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
At this special Easter Brunch held in Island Hotel Newport Beach’s Ballroom, a three-piece jazz band will provide lovely musical entertainment, and there is a petting zoo for the kids along with a visit from the Easter Bunny. An array of selections to tempt and satisfy everyone’s appetite to be accompanied by free-flowing Domaine Chandon Champagne includes The Chilled Seafood Bar serving up Oysters on the Half Shell, Assorted Sushi, Shrimp, Snow Crab and favorite seafood sauces. Made-to- Order Omelets and Waffle Panini will be available, as well as a Carving Station offering Prime Rib, Ham, Pan-Roasted Salmon, Ratatouille and Potato Soufflé. In addition, the Buffet of Greens will showcase varied Salad Selections such as Charred Spring Vegetables with white balsamic and Baby Bowtie Pasta Salad with grilled shrimp. Fresh Baked Breads and Pastries and a separate Kid’s Buffet offering Grilled Cheese, Silver Dollar Pancakes, Mac & Cheese and more will delight. An irresistible Dessert Buffet ends the celebration with an assortment of Mini Desserts, Cakes and Torts. Buffet with Champagne is $89 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity). Kids Buffet is complimentary for children 4 and under; $24 (exclusive of tax and gratuity) for children 5 to 12 years old. Palm Terrace Restaurant and Patio will be open on Easter Sunday serving its regular menu during regular hours. For reservations, please call 949.760.4920.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Palm Terrace Restaurant, Sunday, May 13 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
At Palm Terrace Restaurant and Patio, mothers and their families will enjoy a scrumptious patio buffet along with paired tasting cocktail options and musical entertainment. Start with a refreshing Mimosa at the Made-to-Order Omelet Station where Chicken and Waffles with rosemary syrup will also be served. Or, head for Breakfast Quesadillas matched to a tasting portion of Skinny Margarita. On the lighter note, visit the Sushi Station and sip some Sake. The Carving Center is the place featuring Prime Rib, Brined & Roasted Turkey, and Wild Salmon – all with accompaniments and maybe a zesty mini Bloody Mary. Red or White Wine is paired with choices from the Pasta Station. Also, for your enjoyment: an array of Salads, Fresh Baked Breads & Pastries and a Dessert Buffet to be accompanied by a taste of Espresso Martini. At the Kids Buffet, there will be Grilled Cheese, Silver Dollar Pancakes, Mac & Cheese and other kid-friendly goodies. Buffet with paired beverages is $95 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity). Kids Buffet is complimentary for children 4 and under; $24 (exclusive of tax and gratuity) for children 5 to 12 years old. Regular dinner service will be available on Mother’s Day also with some special Mother’s Day options and Sunday Supper is not available for the holiday. For reservations, please call 949.760.4920.
Island Hotel Newport Beach
690 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
David Man, Executive Chef, Island Hotel Newport Beach
Executive Chef David Man of Island Hotel Newport Beach oversees the Five Diamond hotel’s signature restaurant Palm Terrace and Patio as well as working on recipe and menu development for the hotel, special programs, restaurant staffing and supervision, and operations. After a brief stint as chef de cuisine at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach, Calif., he has returned to Island Hotel, where he previously served as sous chef and then was promoted to chef de cuisine in 2006. He was also the chef de cuisine at the Diamond Club and Knothole restaurants at Anaheim’s Angel Stadium in California. In addition, previously he helped to reopen Abergine in Newport Beach, and served as chef de cuisine at the former Troquet in Costa Mesa, both in southern California. He has also worked at the St. Regis Monarch Beach in Dana Point, Calif. A native of Orange County, Calif., Man holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business from the University of Southern California and also graduated from the California Culinary Academy.